Winter Vehicle Service Tips
WINTER VEHICLE SERVICE TIPS | TORONTO, ON
When the weather changes in Toronto, it means it’s time to prepare your vehicle so it can last for many years. Inside and out, there are plenty of things you can easily check on your car. For anything that seems out of your wheelhouse, feel free to come to our Service Department at Downtown Ford for assistance!
Protect the exterior
Inspect important components
- Check the windshield wipers for any tears or cracks. If there are any signs of damage, you’ll want to replace the wipers. Doing so will protect the windshield from scratches and it will improve your visibility in harsh weather.
- Stand outside of your car to check all of the lights, including the headlights, fog lights, bright lights, and brake lights. If any bulbs are dim or burned out, have them replaced.
- Inspect your vehicle’s tires for things like bulges or excessive wear. If the tread is worn unevenly, it could make it harder for the tires to grip the road. You’ll also want to properly inflate the tires according to your vehicle owner’s manual.
Switch to winter tires
Check under the hood
- Check all of the filters, hoses, and belts for any signs of damage and that they are all working properly.
- Extreme heat can cause your car’s battery to wear out quickly. Test the battery power and look for any corrosion near the terminals.
- Top off any fluids that are low, including windshield wiper, coolant, transmission, brake, and oil.
Protect the interior
Managing all of these maintenance tasks can be very daunting if you don’t know where to start. That’s where our friendly team at Downtown Ford in Toronto, Ontario, comes in! We’ll make sure your vehicle is ready for winter so you’re driving safely all season.